Kestrel 4200 Pocket Air Flow Tracker
- Waterproof and floats
- Backlight for low light conditions
- Data Logger (automatic and manual)
- Customizable data storage – 3600 data points
- Minimum, Maximum and Average values
- Multi-Function 3-line display
- Data charting
- Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
- User-replaceable impeller
- Flip-top impeller cover
- Upload to a computer (with optional interface)
- Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
The Kestrel 4200 provides automatic humidity ratio readings as well as measuring relative humidity, dewpoint, wet bulb temperature, and heat stress index. The patented dual chamber humidity sensor ensures fast, accurate readings in any environment. This versatile instrument also measures current, average, and maximum air velocity; volume air flow; temperature in °F or °C; barometric pressure; altitude; and wind chill. Combine the Kestrel 4200 with a portable vane mount and portable tripod (each sold separately) for a data-logging weather station that rotates in even the slightest breeze and is ideal for short-term monitoring. The Kestrel 4200 shows results on a multi-function three-line backlit display, stores 1,600 data points, is waterproof, and floats.
- Soft carry pouch
- Neck lanyard
- Batteries – 2 AAA
- Kestrel Certificate of Conformity
- Minimum wind speed: 0.8 mph (0.6 knots, 1.0 km/h, 0.4 m/s, or 59 fpm).
- Maximum wind speed: 89.0 mph (78.0 knots, 144 km/h, 40.0 m/s, or 7,877 fpm).
- Wind speed accuracy: ±3%. Update: 1 second.
- Air flow range: 0 to 99,999 cfm, m3/h, m3/m, or L/s; 0.0 to 9,999.9 m3/s.
- Temperature and wind chill accuracy: ±1°C.
- Wind chill factor resolution: ±0.1°C.
- Relative humidity accuracy: ±3% from 5% to 95%.
- Humidity ratio accuracy: ±10% typical.
- Dew point temperature accuracy: ±2°C.
- Heat index accuracy: ±2°C*.
- Temperature resolution: ±0.1°F (±0.1°C).
- Barometric pressure accuracy: ±1.5 hPa/mb (at 25.0°C, <6,000 m).
- Altitude range: at 77.0°F, <19,700’, max error ±98’ (at 25.0°C, <6,000 m, max error ±30 m).
- Density altitude range: 32.0°F to 100.0°F, 5.0 to 95.0% RH, 8.86 to 32.48 inHg, <19,700’ (0.0°C to 37.8°C, 5.0 to 95.0% RH, -2,000 to 9,000 hPa, <6,000 m).
- Operating temperature: -4°F to +140°F (-20°C to +60°C).
- Temperature range: -20°F to +158°F (-29°C to +70°C).
- Accurate readings can be taken by keeping the unit warmer than -4°F (-20°C) and exposing it for the minimum time necessary (less than one minute) to take a reading.
- Impeller: 1” diameter, sapphire bearings, lightweight.
- Temperature sensor: hermetically sealed precision thermistor.
- Humidity sensor: polymer capacitive sensor.
- Display: graphical backlit LCD.
- Sealing: electronics enclosure IP67 water resistant to 3 ft., Floats.
- Battery: two AAA alkaline batteries (included).
- Battery life: 400 hrs. Dimensions: 5” x 1.8” x 1.1”.