Kestrel 3500 Pocket Weather Meter
- Barometric pressure
- Relative humidity
- Heat stress index
- Wet bulb temperature
- Wind chill
- Air, water, and snow temperature
- Current wind speed
- Average wind speed
- Maximum wind gust
- Real-time clock
- Waterproof and floats
- Large easy-to-read display with backlight
- Data hold function
- High precision pressure sensor
- Quick response, external thermistor
- Forecast weather with pressure trend indicator
- Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
- Innovative, thermally adjusted humidity sensordesigned for stability and accuracy in abrupt condition changes
- Patented user-replaceable impeller
- Reliable, portable and easy to use
- Protective cover with sure-grip overmolding
Providing a wealth of weather information, the Kestrel 3500 measures barometric pressure, altitude, temperature, humidity, wind speed, wind chill, dew point, wet bulb, and heat index. Measure current, maximum, and average wind speed in meters per second, kilometers per hour, miles per hour, feet per minute, knots, or Beaufort Force. Temperature, wind chill, heat stress, and dew point are shown in °C or °F. Relative humidity is displayed as a percentage. Pressure is measured in hPa or inHg. Altitude is displayed in feet or meters. Measurements are shown on a large backlit display. An innovative thermally-adjusted humidity sensor provides stable, accurate measurements even during abrupt condition changes. Other features include a real-time clock, hold function, quick response external thermistor, a high precision pressure sensor, and a user-replaceable impeller. Housed in a waterproof body that floats, the meter features a protective cover with sure-grip overmolding.
- A slip-on protective cover
- CR2032 coin cell battery (Average life 300 hours)
- BAF measurement range: 1 to 127 ft2/acre (0.2 to 39.0 m2/hectare).
- Diameter accuracy: ±1/4” up to 80’ (±6 mm up to 24 m).
- Diameter measurement range: 2” to 100” (5 cm to 254 cm).
- Inclination accuracy: ±0.1° typical.
- Inclination measurement range: ±90°.
- Height measurement resolution: 0.1’ (3 cm).
- Optics: normal, 1x; magnified, 2.4x.
- Data communications: serial RS 232 input/output.
- Operating temperature: -22°F to 140°F (-30°C to 60°C).
- Power: 2 AA or 1 CRV3; 3.0V DC nominal (included).
- Dimensions: 2.75”W x 2”D x 6.5”L. Weight: 1.1 lbs.